A delicious Bon Appetit salad. Prep time does not reflect marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For Salad Dressing
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 package baby mixed greens (I used fresh Romaine)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins (I used golden)
- 2Mix all ingredients in a small bowl to blend.
- 3--MakeSalad Dressing--.
- 4Whisk 3/4 cup of the buttermilk, mayonnaise, chopped green onion, fresh parsley, apple cider vinegar, garlic, lemon peel, and 1 1/2 tsp of the Seasoning Mixture in medium bowl until well blended.
- 5Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Rub remaining seasoning mixture onto chicken.
- 8Place chicken in medium bowl.
- 9Pour remaining 1 cup buttermilk over chicken, turning to coat.
- 10Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 3 hours, turning occasionally.
- 11Prepare the grill (medium-high heat).
- 12Remove chicken from buttermilk shaking off excess.
- 13Grill chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- 14Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- 15Combine greens, pecans, and raisins in a large bowl.
- 16Toss with enough dressing to coat.
- 17Season salad with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 18Divide salad among 4 plates.
- 19Cut chicken on sharp diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 20Arrange atop salads and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cajun Chicken Salad with Spicy Ranch Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 1598.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: