Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy meatballs with a flavorful remoulade dipping sauce. If you can't get andouille sausage, you can use keilbasa and just add some extra Cajun spice or cayenne to the mix. From "The Meatball Cookbook Bible"....
- 226.79 g andouille sausage
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml milk
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 340.19 g ground beef
- vegetable cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 314.66 ml mayonnaise
- 6 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 44.37 ml mustard (grainy is best)
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 44.37 ml horseradish sauce
- 29.58 ml chili sauce
- Chop the onion and scallions. Mince the garlic. Remove casings from sausages (if necessary). Cut sausage into chunks and chop finely in a food processor.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the remoulade sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, chopped scallions, 3 cloves chopped garlic, lemon juice, mustard, parsley, horseradish sauce, and chili sauce. Whisk well and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet and add the onions and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Sautee for about 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Add the breadcrumbs and cheese and mix well.
- Add the onion mixture, chopped sausage, and ground beef to the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8-12 sausage-shaped portions. Insert a metal skewer into each portion so that the tip of the skewer is almost at the top of the meat. Bamboo skewers may be used but should be soaked well in cold water first.
- Prepare a medium-hot grill. Grill skewers for 6-8 minutes, uncovered if using a charcoal grill. Turn gently using tongs to cook all sides.
Amazing! The taste is absolutely devine! I cooked mine on a charcoal grill, and had a hard time turning them. They really wanted to stick, but I persevered and enjoyed a wonderful dinner! This will be a definite repeat, absolutely wonderful flavor! Made for PAC Spring 2014.
Oh my!!!! These were soooo good!!!! I wasn't sure I'd like the sauce, but it went so well with the meatballs. They were so tasty too! They would make a great burger! I used Thai chili sauce and it gave the sauce quite a kick! Made for ZWT 9.
Oh my goodness, this was good!! The sauce is very flavourful and would be great with any protein, even a meatier fish like halibut or salmon. I made half the amount of the sauce and it was enough for us. I should have only put one of the "meatballs" on each skewer because it was virtually impossible to turn two of them at the same time. Most of them fell apart but the taste was really great. They were spicy but not too strong and paired so well with the remoulade sauce. We enjoyed these with a fresh salad and some grilled garlic toast. Made for The Tasty Testers. Thanks loof! :)