Recipe by loof
Spicy meatballs with a flavorful remoulade dipping sauce. If you can't get andouille sausage, you can use keilbasa and just add some extra Cajun spice or cayenne to the mix. From "The Meatball Cookbook Bible"....
Top Review by breezermom
Amazing! The taste is absolutely devine! I cooked mine on a charcoal grill, and had a hard time turning them. They really wanted to stick, but I persevered and enjoyed a wonderful dinner! This will be a definite repeat, absolutely wonderful flavor! Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- vegetable cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 6 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 3 tablespoons mustard (grainy is best)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion and scallions. Mince the garlic. Remove casings from sausages (if necessary). Cut sausage into chunks and chop finely in a food processor.
- In a small mixing bowl, prepare the remoulade sauce by mixing the mayonnaise, chopped scallions, 3 cloves chopped garlic, lemon juice, mustard, parsley, horseradish sauce, and chili sauce. Whisk well and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet and add the onions and 2 cloves chopped garlic. Sautee for about 3 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, milk and Worcestershire sauce. Add the breadcrumbs and cheese and mix well.
- Add the onion mixture, chopped sausage, and ground beef to the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Divide mixture into 8-12 sausage-shaped portions. Insert a metal skewer into each portion so that the tip of the skewer is almost at the top of the meat. Bamboo skewers may be used but should be soaked well in cold water first.
- Prepare a medium-hot grill. Grill skewers for 6-8 minutes, uncovered if using a charcoal grill. Turn gently using tongs to cook all sides.