Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Yes! The romaine is grilled to char and just wilt for yummy flavor! For a complete meal top with grilled chicken.
- 1 romaine lettuce hearts, sliced in half with stem still attached
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons prepared caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup crouton
- anchovy (optional)
- fresh shaved parmesan cheese, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb grilled chicken breast, well seasoned (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Drizzle oil and lemon juice over romaine and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place cooked romaine on 2 plates and drizzle with dressing top with anchovies, cheese and or croutons. Enjoy!
This was spot on - great taste, great table presentation and easy to boot! First time we had a grilled salad and it certainly won't be the last. I would leave the salt out all together, the dressing makes up for it.
Who would have thought?! In the interest of saving calories I skipped the caesar dressing and just sprinkled on a little Worcestershire sauce and parmesan cheese. Thanks for a great accompaniment to any grilled meat.
Absolutely delicious. I have never had lettuce grilled before. A restaurant quality salad!! Thanks!!