Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this recipe from Food Network, and it is so easy, and very tasty!! Hint about the romaine: Don't cut the ends off until after you have grilled them so they don't fall apart!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus shaved
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- 3 heads romaine lettuce hearts, sliced lengthwise in 1/2
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a blender, combine the garlic, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Drizzle in 3/4 cup olive oil to emulsify. Add the Parmesan and pulse.
- Gently toss the hearts of romaine in remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes, until grill marks appear and the romaine becomes wilted.
- Remove the lettuce to a cutting board and cut into 2-inch wide strips. Place in a bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Toss to coat and serve warm. Garnish with the shaved Parmesan.
I had this at a restaurant in Marina del Rey. Wow.