Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Who's Richard you say? He's one of my dear friends and he told me of this recipe a few years ago. Super simple, tasty, low calorie and inexpensive too.
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cut into 4 wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon seasoning salt
- pepper (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
- Place each wedge in a separate piece of foil.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with seasoning salt. If you like, you can drizzle with very small amt olive oil and top off with cracked black pepper.
- Close up the foil, making 4 small packages.
- Grill on medium (mine registered at 400) for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 3-5 minutes to let the juices reabsorb, then remove from foil, pour any remaining juices on top and enjoy!
I am not star rating this because the cabbage was not grilled but cooked in the oven.
It's best to use the technique indicated in the recipe. Tasted good though! Added a small amount of small salt, olive oil, black pepper. Easy to make! Reviewed for Veg Tag/April.
This was good and easy to make. I used a whole small head of cabbage and used about 5 tablespoons of unsalted butter. I followed the rest of the recipe adding both the optional olive oil and pepper. Mine took a lot longer to cook. Mine took almost an hour at 400 degrees.
Now before I start with my review, yes I did change cabbage with brussles sprout, with J.B's permission that is. I thought sprouts were mini cabbage and so I wanted to try them............WOW.............. love love loved these!!!!! I love cabbage and sprouts so if you are not a lover of either vegetable.... you will not like this recipe, but if you do like cabbage or sprouts, this is a must to try! Using the sprouts I cut the large ones in half and left the small ones whole, and did cook them about 25 minute in an oven, but everything else as per recipe including optional ingrediennts. I drizzled with a little butter on serving also. Oh this recipe is awesome J.B. so easy and the flavours are just so fanastic. The sprouts had a sweet roasted taste. I just adored them! DD and DS were not home to share, so I ate them all ..... yes all on my own! Cant wait to cook the cabbage this way and some more sprouts so they can also taste. .......well ummm maybe I will share! lol Thanks for your permission to change your recipe a little J.B. Great recipe, Thank You J.B. and Richard!