Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Don't be surprised if even your kids like this grilled treat. It's easy to cook this alongside steaks or burgers on the grill, as long as you start the cabbage wedges first.
- 1 head cabbage
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cut cabbage into four wedges.
- Place each wedge on a piece of doubled heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Spread cut sides with butter.
- Mix spices together in a small container and sprinkle all of the mixture equally over each wedge.
- Wrap bacon around each wedge.
- Fold foil around cabbage, sealing each wedge tightly.
- Grill cabbage, covered, over medium heat for 40 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, turning twice.
Splendid! Savory flavor, super easy, crowd pleaser, type of ingredients most keep on hand. I hope everyone tries this recipe. It's a keeper. Thanks for posting.
We really enjoy cabbage and tried this a couple of nights ago. It was really great - I baked it in the oven at 425 degrees for 45 minutes. I also opened the packs about half way through cooking time and sprinkled the cabbage with some white vinegar. Closed the packs and finished cooking - absolutely terrific. Thanks for a different, but simple way to do a much maligned veggie!
I have made cabbage in a pan stir fried with bacon, but I have also grilled mine, but not with bacon. LOVED IT! Made it in between Xmas and New Years but it was a last minute decision and it was on my list to rate this, sorry for the delay. I actually did mine for a late lunch with some friends. I had made some grilled brats my friends and I just made (homemade) and onions so what a better side dish. It was GREAT! Definitely on my list.