Recipe by bratty
If you like cabbage, i think you will love this. BF adores this, although i'm not a cabbage lover, so i never eat any. it's an easy side dish, very little preperation, and almost no mess.
Top Review by Lorrie in Montreal
Made for July 08 Grilling and BBQ. I LOVE THIS!!!!! I took CindaLou's suggestion and cut the cabbage in half...I also sprinkled caraway seed on top because I love the flavour combination.I bet adding some rough chopped par-cooked bacon on top would be killer on too!
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat grill, you want a medium fire.
- remove outer layers of cabbage.
- rinse and let head of cabbage dry.
- hollow out center of head of cabbage, the end opposite of the stem.
- you want just about an inch size hole approximately a couple of inches deep.
- season generously with seasoning of choice in hollowed area.
- place butter into hollowed area.
- wrap in foil and place on grill.
- grill over inderect heat.
- 3 hours or more.
- cook as long as desired, should definately be done by 3 hours.
- remove from grill, unwrap from foil on plate, serve immediately.