The buttery pound cake gets a little caramely char when placed on the grill. Top with cold whipped cream and some fresh fruit, and you have a delightful grilled dessert! Adapted from The Deen Brothers Get Fired Up cookbook. In the ingredient list it says lb. cake, but it's really pound cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pound cake into 3/4" thick slices.
- 2Whisk together the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- 3Brush both sides of the cake slices with the butter mixture.
- 4Preheat a grill to medium high and brush the grate with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Place the cake slices on the grill. Colose the cover and cook until the cake slices are caramelized and golden, about 1 minute per side. If you can't use an outside grill, cook in a grill pan on the stove.
- 6Top with fresh berries and whipped cream and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Buttery Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: