Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
The buttery pound cake gets a little caramely char when placed on the grill. Top with cold whipped cream and some fresh fruit, and you have a delightful grilled dessert! Adapted from The Deen Brothers Get Fired Up cookbook. In the ingredient list it says lb. cake, but it's really pound cake.
- 12 ounces lb cake
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- fresh fruit (berries or peaches is good)
- whipped cream
- Cut the pound cake into 3/4" thick slices.
- Whisk together the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of the cake slices with the butter mixture.
- Preheat a grill to medium high and brush the grate with oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the cake slices on the grill. Colose the cover and cook until the cake slices are caramelized and golden, about 1 minute per side. If you can't use an outside grill, cook in a grill pan on the stove.
- Top with fresh berries and whipped cream and serve.