Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
We love this quick, easy recipe that I found and 'tweaked' from Betty Crocker's Barbecue Cookbook. The recipe says it serves 6 people but my husband and I wipe out a pound of this shrimp so I'm saying it serves two. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced,divided
- Devein shrimp by making a shallow cut lengthwise along the outside curve.
- Remove sand vein.
- Press each shrimp flat into a butterfly shape.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except 1/2 half of the lemon slices, and pour over shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove shrimp and reserve marinade.
- Arrange shrimp in a lightly greased hinged wire grill basket.
- Grill 4 inches from hot coals (or over medium heat in a gas grill) for about 6-10 minutes, turning basket and brushing shrimp 2-3 times with reserved marinade, until shrimp is pink.
- Garnish with remaining lemon slices.
Great recipe and very easy. I used 26-30 count shrimp and put them on skewers (I don't have a basket) and I used the white wine instead of the chicken broth. They marinated for about 1 1/2 hours. Very tasty and I will do this again. While the shrimp were marinating, you could see them start to turn a little pink from the lemons, kinda like ceviche, pretty neat! Thanks Judy!