Recipe by Mary Jenny
This quick–cooking cut of turkey is seasoned with bright citrus, zesty cilantro, soy sauce and garlic. So easy to prepare, make this marinade a day or more prior to cooking for extra flavour.
- 1 large turkey breast (about 1 lb/500g)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice turkey breast in half crosswise without cutting all the way through. Open like a book. Set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together cilantro, marmalade, soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place turkey breast in a re–sealable plastic bag; pour marinade over turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat evenly. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour and up to 2 days.
- Arrange on a greased preheated grill over medium high heat. Grill, turning once, until golden and cooked all the way through, about 20 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately or serve cold.
- Oven Directions:.
- To prepare the turkey in the oven, arrange marinated turkey on a foil–lined rimmed baking sheet and roast in a 400 F (200 C) oven until turkey is cooked through and marinade is thick and bubbling, about 25 minutes.