10 hrs 30 mins
From Parade magazine July, 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of, freshly grated from entire lemon
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, crushed
- 4 -5 lbs leg of lamb, butterflied
- 3 lemons, quartered, for garnish (optional)
- 3 -4 sprigs rosemary, for garnish (optional)
- 1Prepare marinade in a small bowl by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon zest, garlic and rosemary. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- 2Place lamb in a large bowl or shallow baking dish. Add the marinade and coat the meat well. Refrigerate overnight, covered, turning the lamb once or twice in the marinade.
- 3Remove meat from the marinade 30 minutes before grilling.
- 4Oil the grill and prepare the coals.
- 5Drain the marinade from the lamb and reserve. Grill the meat 4" above the coals, about 20 minutes per side for medium-rare meat, basting frequently with reserved marinade. (Check the lamb for doneness after 30 minutes of grilling).
- 6To serve, cut the lamb into thin slices and arrange on a decorative platter garnished with the lemon quarters and the sprigs of rosemary.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb (Marinade)
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 578.9
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 42.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of