Recipe by Oolala
Marinate and grill courtesy of the Virginia Junior League.
Top Review by JustJanS
This was really nice Oolala. I used fresh rosemary and added a few cloves of smashed garlic. I didn't add salt to the marinade as I think that often dries meat out and there is plenty of salt in the sorcestershire sauce.I will make this again as it was really quick and easy to do with things we have on hand all the time.
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (5 lb) boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except the lamb, in a small bowl and mix well.
- Place lamb in a shallow dish and rub the marinade all over the surfaces of the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning meat often.
- Preheat broiler and place rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
- Remove meat from marinade and pat dry.
- Reserve marinade.
- Place meat skin side down for the broiler and skin side up for BBQ grill.
- Grill 12-15 minutes per side to desired doness, turning often and basting with reserved marinade.
- Let stand 10 minutes before carving.