Recipe by Ohmikeghod
It's all in the marinade. ANyone can toss a piece of meat on the fire and cook it. It takes a marinade to give it flavor.
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 lbs boneless leg of lamb (partially frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the garlic cloves. Place into blender.
- chop the green onions. place into blender.
- Set blender to chop, and turn on for a few seconds.
- Add the rest of the marinade ingredients. keep blender on chop, and blend until well mixed - should not be long.
- Butterfly the boneless leg of lamb. I find that it's best to do this with the meat partialy frozen, otherwise it wiggles.
- In a dish large enough to hold the opened meat, pour marinade over meat. Refrigerate covered for 4 or more hours.
- Preheat the grill, then lower heat to Medium grill (I use a gas grill).
- Grill the lamb for 10 minutes per side, or until temp reaches 150 degreees. (I use an electronic fork for temperature testing).
- Remove meat from grill, let rest for 5 minutes, slice thinly and serve.