Recipe by Manami
Dessert on the grill? One of my favorite places to cook dessert! This can be done outside or in. Fabulous!
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) frozen pound cake
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sliced and toasted almond
- 2 tablespoons ground toasted almonds
- toasted almond
- fresh berries
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush grill rack with vegetable oil.
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Mix mascarpone cheese or sour cream with brown sugar and ground almonds.
- Cut frozen pound cake into 8 slices.
- On each side, sprinkle with Amaretto, spread with butter or margarine, and press almonds into butter.
- Place cake slices on grilling screen.
- Grill cake uncovered 4-6 inches from medium heat about 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- To serve, top cake with prepared mascarpone cheese or sour cream, a sprinkling of almonds and some fresh berries.