Recipe by Krich
These burritos have a great flavor and are very filling. This recipe makes a lot, but it reheats well. You can add or take away any number of ingredients to make these fit your family's tastes.
Top Review by Chef Booshman
Outstanding. These tasted better than going out to the burrito barn! Easy to make, they freeze well, and tasted even better. I prepared my tortillas by placing the stack on a dinner plate, covered them with a moistened paper towel and zapped them in the microwave for 2 minutes. What a nice change for Taco night.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans or 1 (14 ounce) can black beans
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 1 can refried beans
- shredded cheese, of choice (I use cheddar)
- sour cream
- 1 large tortilla
- taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- While browning ground beef, cook instant rice according to box directions.
- Warm refried beans in small saucepan.
- In a frying pan mix ground beef, enough water to just cover bottom of pan and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir well.
- Cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes until meat and sauce are combined.
- Add cooked rice and kidney beans to meat mixture.
- Cook until warmed throughout.
- Warm tortilla shells in microwave for 10-12 seconds.
- Cover center of shell with refried beans.
- Add meat mixture, then cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and whatever other ingredients you prefer.
- Fold over one side of tortilla, then fold in both ends.
- Finally fold over the other side of tortilla.
- Carefully place tortilla folded side down on a warm/hot frying pan or griddle.
- Let brown then turn over and brown other side.