These burritos have a great flavor and are very filling. This recipe makes a lot, but it reheats well. You can add or take away any number of ingredients to make these fit your family's tastes.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- While browning ground beef, cook instant rice according to box directions.
- Warm refried beans in small saucepan.
- In a frying pan mix ground beef, enough water to just cover bottom of pan and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir well.
- Cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes until meat and sauce are combined.
- Add cooked rice and kidney beans to meat mixture.
- Cook until warmed throughout.
- Warm tortilla shells in microwave for 10-12 seconds.
- Cover center of shell with refried beans.
- Add meat mixture, then cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and whatever other ingredients you prefer.
- Fold over one side of tortilla, then fold in both ends.
- Finally fold over the other side of tortilla.
- Carefully place tortilla folded side down on a warm/hot frying pan or griddle.
- Let brown then turn over and brown other side.
Outstanding. These tasted better than going out to the burrito barn! Easy to make, they freeze well, and tasted even better. I prepared my tortillas by placing the stack on a dinner plate, covered them with a moistened paper towel and zapped them in the microwave for 2 minutes. What a nice change for Taco night.
These are awesome! The texture and flavor was wonderful. However, I think the next time we make this we will use real jasmati rice instead of the instant. All in all a wonderful and simple recipe that will become a staple in our house. Thanks for posting!
I loved the crispiness of the tortilla and will make this again. One word of advise... do not overfill the burrito. The first one fell apart it was too full. The rest came out perfect. Thank you.