These burritos have a great flavor and are very filling. This recipe makes a lot, but it reheats well. You can add or take away any number of ingredients to make these fit your family's tastes.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- While browning ground beef, cook instant rice according to box directions.
- Warm refried beans in small saucepan.
- In a frying pan mix ground beef, enough water to just cover bottom of pan and taco seasoning mix.
- Stir well.
- Cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes until meat and sauce are combined.
- Add cooked rice and kidney beans to meat mixture.
- Cook until warmed throughout.
- Warm tortilla shells in microwave for 10-12 seconds.
- Cover center of shell with refried beans.
- Add meat mixture, then cheese, sour cream, taco sauce and whatever other ingredients you prefer.
- Fold over one side of tortilla, then fold in both ends.
- Finally fold over the other side of tortilla.
- Carefully place tortilla folded side down on a warm/hot frying pan or griddle.
- Let brown then turn over and brown other side.