Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this in Body & Soul magazine yesterday. I love burgers and many others do to so thought I'd share!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup basil leaves, finely minced
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, finely minced
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- hamburger bun
- Preheat grill. In large mixing bowl, mix meat with basil, chili pepper and 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, gently toss zucchini and tomatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, salt and vinegar.
- Divide meat mixture into 8 portions and flatten with hands to make patties.
- Grill hamburgers until meat is cooked through.
- Grill zucchini and tomatoes, turning them frequently until zucchini softens and both zucchini and tomatoes are browned on both sides. (Foreman grill is great for this).
- To serve, place hamburger between grilled vegetables on bun.
Awesome burger. Somebody tell Bergy. Made it just as written except I added some cheddar cheese. I served it on homemade whole wheat hamburger buns. With all the veggies, this requires a sturdy bun. We're having this one again, jovigirl.