Found this in Body & Soul magazine yesterday. I love burgers and many others do to so thought I'd share!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup basil leaves, finely minced
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, finely minced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- hamburger bun
- 1Preheat grill. In large mixing bowl, mix meat with basil, chili pepper and 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- 2Season with salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 3In large bowl, gently toss zucchini and tomatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, salt and vinegar.
- 4Divide meat mixture into 8 portions and flatten with hands to make patties.
- 5Grill hamburgers until meat is cooked through.
- 6Grill zucchini and tomatoes, turning them frequently until zucchini softens and both zucchini and tomatoes are browned on both sides. (Foreman grill is great for this).
- 7To serve, place hamburger between grilled vegetables on bun.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Burgers With Garden Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 226.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.2 g