Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Grilled buffalo wings--great for summer cook outs.
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
- 1 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Coke
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- In a large pot, mix together the hot sauce, cola, cayenne pepper, black pepper and soy sauce.
- Add the wings to the sauce - frozen is okay.
- Place the pot to one side of the grill, so the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Use tongs to fish wings out of the sauce, and place them on the grill for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then return to the sauce to simmer.
- Repeat this process for about 50 minutes.
- The sauce will thicken.
- When the chicken is tender and pulls easily off of the bone, you have two options.
- You can dip one last time and serve for sloppy style wings, or serve right off the grill for dryer wings.
Best wings ever-even better than Buffalo Wild Wings!
Being from the area and very serious about a few thing hockey, football and wings, LOL. Grilling the wings are great. We do them often. Buffalo wing sauce doesn't have coke or soy sauce. Hot sauce, butter, and ground peppers. We like them a little smokey- sweet, & have been known to add some BBQ sauce. And always real blue cheese no ranch dressing!! We have a wing fest here in the summer with other wing ideas from great resturants and a contest for different sauces so in fairness i will make these and test them my favorite testers and re-review. Just wanted to add my comments for those who have never had the pleasure of real buffalo wings, grilled, fried or baked. They are all great.