Out of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. One of Cleveland Cavaliers' Donyell Marshall's favorite recipes. Originally called for broiling but everything is better grilled! I add more hot sauce than is called for and it still isn't too spicy.
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, devined and peeled with tails on
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 -6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Place shrimp in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate.
- Combine next nine ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cook mixture over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pour into the resealable bag with shrimp and allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes turning shrimp occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and reserve the marinade.
- Coat grill topper or basket (basket makes it much easier to turn shrimp) with non-stick spray.
- Grill for 3 minutes on high heat. Turn shrimp and baste with marinade. Cook an additional 3 minutes or until done.
- Serve with Bleu Cheese or Ranch dressing.