Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Out of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. One of Cleveland Cavaliers' Donyell Marshall's favorite recipes. Originally called for broiling but everything is better grilled! I add more hot sauce than is called for and it still isn't too spicy.
- 2 lbs large raw shrimp, devined and peeled with tails on
- 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 -6 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Place shrimp in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate.
- Combine next nine ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Cook mixture over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Pour into the resealable bag with shrimp and allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes turning shrimp occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and reserve the marinade.
- Coat grill topper or basket (basket makes it much easier to turn shrimp) with non-stick spray.
- Grill for 3 minutes on high heat. Turn shrimp and baste with marinade. Cook an additional 3 minutes or until done.
- Serve with Bleu Cheese or Ranch dressing.
This didn't have a flavor that remotely resembled Buffalo Shrimp (chicken, etc...) Using only half of the Worcestershire sauce, the flavor was too pronounced. While this wasn't what I had hoped for flavor-wise, this was a decent marinade for grilled shrimp. I liked that the ingredients were put through the blender then simmered. Good idea.
This recipe was a very nice change for shrimp. I had purchased jumbo shrimp and wanted to put them on the grill as a kabob. This recipe worked out well. I would only suggest leaving out the water to keep the sauce thick enough to use for the grill. We will defintley be making this again. Went nicely with mashed potatoes & corn. Thanks for posting!
Out of this world delicious and truly deserving of more than 5 stars!! I think this is my new favorite grilled shrimp recipe. The shrimp were bursting with flavor. They were spicy with just the barest hint of sweetness. This one is going in my recipe box to be made often.