Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The next time you want to have some deep-fried Buffalo Wings, make this instead! It has all of the flavours but very little fat. I got this from Chatelaine magazine. Enjoy!
- 1 carrot
- 2 hearts romaine leaves, separated
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat barbecue to medium. Peel long ribbons from carrot into a large bowl, turning as you go. Add lettuce leaves and celery. Set aside.
- Mix milk with mayo, dill, apple cider vinegar and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together hot sauce, butter and honey. Set aside.
- Oil grill, then barbecue chicken, covered for about 6-8 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and slice chicken into 1/2" strips, against the grain. Add chicken to the bowl with the hot sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss until coated. Divide salad between 4 plates and top with chicken and blue cheese.
Wow, this was really tasty! I felt like I was having something bad even though it was actually pretty healthy. My daughter also liked this salad alot. One of her faves is buffalo wings so this was a sure hit with her. Thanks my friend!