1/1 Photo of Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops or Chicken
If you don't care for a sweet sauce then this is not for you. Plan ahead the meat needs to chill for a minumum of 6 hours or up to 24 hours before grilling. The sauce may be doubled if desired. Cooking time is omitted, as it will vary depending if pork or chicken is used. Prep time is chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 pork chops or 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice (or use 1/4 cup each apple sauce and juice)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, apple juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne (if using); bring to a boil over medium-low heat stirring until sugar is completely dissolved (about 4 minutes) and the mixture is at a light simmer.
- 2In a small cup mix together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch; add to the mixture and whisk over low heat until thickened; remove from heat and cool completely (at this point it may be refrigerated).
- 3After the sauce has cooled completely place the pork chops or chicken on a large plate.
- 4Remove a little sauce to a separate bowl to brush onto the meat.
- 5Brush liberally with the sauce on both sides; cover meat and chill for 6 hours or up to 24 hours, refrigerate the remaining sauce to baste the meat with later.
- 6Grill the pork chops or chicken brushing with the remaining sauce while grilling or towards the end of the grilling time.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops or Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.1
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 380.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 41.6 g