Recipe by Kerry Ciulla
The best juicy and sweet pork chops we have ever eaten! Our family favorite!" Original recipe yield: 6 servings. Prep Time:20 MinutesCook Time:20 MinutesReady In:40 MinutesServings:6 (change)
Top Review by Arty
I thought this sauce sounded delicious. I followed the recipe exactly, and the sauce never thinckened. Also, it was a little too oily to stick to the chops. I don't think I'll make it again, but if I did I'd use much less oil, perhaps less water, and a little more starch to see if I could get it thicker. I will say that it had nice flavor, and it could be used better as a marinade, perhaps.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 boneless pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger, salt , and pepper. Bring to boil. Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl, and whisk into brown sugar mixture. Stir until thick.
- Brush grate lightly with oil before placing pork chops on the grill. Cook over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. Brush with sauce just before removing chops from grill. Serve with remaining sauce.