Recipe by lauralie41
Posted for 2006 Zaar World Tour - Asia. This recipe is adapted from a cooking websites newsletter.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Oh wow, wow, wow! These pork chops are soooooooooo good. I did make a couple of substitutions: I used bone-in pork chops (personal preference) and I used pineapple juice instead of apple juice because that was what I had on hand. I grilled the pork chops on my Cuisinart grill because it was too cold to grill outside. The glaze for the pork chops is outstanding...it really made this whole dish. I will be making this recipe often in the future. Made for Make My Recipe Reunion Tag Game December 2012.
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 59.16 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 118.29 ml water
- 6 boneless pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat.
- In a small saucepan add brown sugar, apple juice, oil, soy sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper, stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir together water and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk into brown sugar mixture. Stir until thick and bubbly.
- Brush grates lightly with oil before placing chops on grill. Cook for approximately 10-12 minutes over hot coals, turning once.
- Baste pork chops with sauce just before removing from grill and serve remaining sauce on the side.