1/2 Photos of Grilled (Broiled) Tomatoes With Smoked Salmon
Spit In Soup's Note:
I submitted this recipe to Better Homes and Gardens in 2004 and it was published! Perfect when you have an abundance of ripe tomatoes in late summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat grill or broiler – ready for use at med high heat.
- 2Blend sour cream, shallot, dill, salt, pepper, wine and horseradish and set aside.
- 3Split tomatoes in half. In the top of each half, scoop about 3 T of the seeds and pulp out of center. Sprinkle each half with salt.
- 4Place tomatoes on grill or broiler cut-side down. Wait 5 minutes and turn tomatoes over. Place 1 T butter in cavity of tomato. Wait till butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from grill/broiler.
- 5Add 2 T Smoked salmon to cavity, put 2-3 tablespoons sour cream sauce over salmon and tomato. Sprinkle with minced parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled (Broiled) Tomatoes With Smoked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 342
- Total Fat 38.0 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 385.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g