I submitted this recipe to Better Homes and Gardens in 2004 and it was published! Perfect when you have an abundance of ripe tomatoes in late summer.
- Preheat grill or broiler – ready for use at med high heat.
- Blend sour cream, shallot, dill, salt, pepper, wine and horseradish and set aside.
- Split tomatoes in half. In the top of each half, scoop about 3 T of the seeds and pulp out of center. Sprinkle each half with salt.
- Place tomatoes on grill or broiler cut-side down. Wait 5 minutes and turn tomatoes over. Place 1 T butter in cavity of tomato. Wait till butter is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from grill/broiler.
- Add 2 T Smoked salmon to cavity, put 2-3 tablespoons sour cream sauce over salmon and tomato. Sprinkle with minced parsley and serve.