Recipe by juniperwoman
This is so, so simple and so, so good. NOTE: the instructions may look long, but I promise the prep should take no longer than five minutes. Then you just slap the packets on the grill and, bam, you're done! UPDATE: this recipe is great over linguine. Just be sure to add lemon juice, more garlic and olive oil, and plenty of Parmesan to the pasta!
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back and used 2 1/2 ounces of brocolinni freshly picked from the garden which was plenty for me with other sides and used 1 small clove of garlic finely sliced and about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and baked in the oven for 15 minutes at 375C for a nice crispy texture that I love and the hint of garlic was wonderful, will try again but replace the oil with a little water to steam the brocolinni cutting back the calories a little. Thank you juniperwoman, made for All You Can Cook Buffet - Special Event.
- 1 lb Broccolini (you can sub regular broccoli if you wish)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay out two sheets of foil. Each should be roughly 16 inches long.
- Chop the stalks of broccolini so that none is longer than one inch. Divide the pieces evenly between the foil sheets.
- Scatter the garlic evenly across the broccolini, ditto the the olive oil and salt.
- Now it's time to make the packets. Take one of the pieces of foil, and bring up its sides, then double fold its top and ends to seal. Repeat with the other foil sheet. (Don't forget to leave a little room inside each packet for heat circulation inside.).
- Grill for between 15 and 30 minutes, depending on the heat of your grill. Be sure to keep the packets away from the fire.