This queen of grilled cheese sandwiches comes from the March 07 Every Day With Rachael Ray magazine. The gooey brie, salty prosciutto and sweet figs are the perfect combination! Rachael suggests serving these sandwiches with sweet potato fries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread the fig preserves onto 4 slices of bread.
- 2Cut the Brie into 8 long, thin slices.
- 3Lay 2 slices of Brie over the preserves. (I have also used creme de brie since I don't really care for the rind of Brie. If you go this route you can just spread the creme de Brie over the other slices of bread.).
- 4Arrange the prosciutto over the Brie.
- 5Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- 6Spread half of the butter over the tops of the sandwiches and invert onto a hot skillet or pan.
- 7Spread the remaining butter on the other side of the sandwiches.
- 8Cook on the stove or in the oven, turning the sandwiches over once or twice, until the bread is golden brown and the Brie is melted.
- 9Cut in half to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Brie, Fig and Prosciutto Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 645.5
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.9 mg
- Sodium 1143.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: