Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This queen of grilled cheese sandwiches comes from the March 07 Every Day With Rachael Ray magazine. The gooey brie, salty prosciutto and sweet figs are the perfect combination! Rachael suggests serving these sandwiches with sweet potato fries.
- 8 slice sourdough bread
- 59.16 ml fig preserves
- 226.79 g brie cheese
- 113.39 g prosciutto
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter, softened
- Spread the fig preserves onto 4 slices of bread.
- Cut the Brie into 8 long, thin slices.
- Lay 2 slices of Brie over the preserves. (I have also used creme de brie since I don't really care for the rind of Brie. If you go this route you can just spread the creme de Brie over the other slices of bread.).
- Arrange the prosciutto over the Brie.
- Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Spread half of the butter over the tops of the sandwiches and invert onto a hot skillet or pan.
- Spread the remaining butter on the other side of the sandwiches.
- Cook on the stove or in the oven, turning the sandwiches over once or twice, until the bread is golden brown and the Brie is melted.
- Cut in half to serve.
Fantastic recipe! Would make this over and over again... thanks for the great recipe.