Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This grilled chicken recipe is a nice change from the usual grilled chicken. Although the recipe says to serve it over green chili sauce, I think it will also be great with rice and a green beans or brocolli. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, with skin
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g goat cheese
- 14.79 ml fresh marjoram, minced
- 1 garlic clove, roasted, peeled and mashed
- 4 slice prosciutto (or Smithfield Ham)
- 354.88 ml green chili sauce (your favorite or Green Chile Sauce) (optional)
- Make a horizontal slit in each chicken breast.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and then marinate chicken in the olive oil for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating combine cheese, marjaram and garlic until a smooth paste is formed.
- Prepare grill using mesquite or pecans.
- Remove chicken from oil and stuff with 1 slice of prosiutto or ham and 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Repeat for remaining chicken breasts.
- Grill over medium low heat until the chicken skin is crispy and brown and chicken is cooked through. (***you can also bake the chicken in a 450-degree oven or 10 minutes.***).
- Serve chicken on top of Green Chile sauce if desired.
Wonderful chicken! I did not use the green chili sauce but next time I think I would like to give it a try. Did have a bit of trouble stuffing the chicken breasts but they were prepackaged and smaller in size. Will be buying larger ones in the future. The cheese mixture is so good. Tangy, fresh flavor that works great with the ham and chicken. I used my grill pan on the stove and cooked them until they were almost done. Placed them in a baking dish and put them in a 350 degree oven to finish cooking. Thank you ellie for posting this recipe!