Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just ran across this recipe recently and it brought back so many memories. When my kids were young, they used to love these.
- 44.37 ml orange juice
- 1 egg
- 113.39 g ham slices, from the deli
- 4 slice cinnamon raisin bread
- 4.92 ml powdered sugar
- 19.71 ml orange marmalade
- Combine orange juice and egg in a shallow bowl; stir well with a wire whisk, and set aside.
- Place 2 ham slices on each of 2 bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, coating both sides well.
- Place sandwiches in skillet, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place sandwiches on individual plates, and sift powdered sugar over tops.
- Serve with orange marmalade.
Made for the FYC Tag Game (made twice already). I used freshly-squeezed OJ & liked that subtle flavor a lot. I used ham from a glazed ham instead of deli-sliced ham. Like another reviewer, I skipped the marmalade & just used a slather of butter w/powd sugar added over it. The ingredients have a rich, fresh taste & a perfect combo of sweetness w/the saltiness of the ham. We are breakfast food lovers for both morning & evening dining. Your recipe was excellent for both. Thx for sharing it w/us.
Delicious and tasty breakfast! Loved the oj in the egg dip, gave the sandwich a nice sunny flavor. I didn't have any marmalade so just topped with the powdered sugar and just a bit of syrup. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made and reviewed for 2008 Football Tag Win Week 7---Absolutely awesome!! I'm not a fan of cinnamon raisin bread and ALMOST substituted it, but knew that wouldn't be a fair review. BOY, am I glad I didn't change a thing. The combindation of flavors is awesome!! Slightly salty from the ham but mainly sweet. Waylon (the 14 month old) really enjoyed his too!