Recipe by lazyme
I just ran across this recipe recently and it brought back so many memories. When my kids were young, they used to love these.
Top Review by twissis
Made for the FYC Tag Game (made twice already). I used freshly-squeezed OJ & liked that subtle flavor a lot. I used ham from a glazed ham instead of deli-sliced ham. Like another reviewer, I skipped the marmalade & just used a slather of butter w/powd sugar added over it. The ingredients have a rich, fresh taste & a perfect combo of sweetness w/the saltiness of the ham. We are breakfast food lovers for both morning & evening dining. Your recipe was excellent for both. Thx for sharing it w/us.
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg
- 4 ounces ham slices, from the deli
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine orange juice and egg in a shallow bowl; stir well with a wire whisk, and set aside.
- Place 2 ham slices on each of 2 bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat until hot.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, coating both sides well.
- Place sandwiches in skillet, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Place sandwiches on individual plates, and sift powdered sugar over tops.
- Serve with orange marmalade.