1/1 Photo of Grilled Breakfast Burrito
Chef Gary in Mesquite, TX's Note:
A soft flour tortilla, rolled and lightly grilled, filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, onions, peppers, and two cheeses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb breakfast sausage or 1 lb chorizo sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 large flour tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry potatoes until almost cooked through, then add onions and peppers, continuing to cook until vegetables are tender. Drain, set aside.
- 2In the same skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Scramble eggs, adding potatoes, vegetables, and sausage during the last few moments of cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Top each tortilla with cheese and part of the egg mixture, roll into a burrito. Spray a hot grill (I use a family size George Foreman) with cooking spray. Grill for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Serve hot with homemade Pico De Gallo, salsa, sour cream, or perhaps Spanish rice and refried beans.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Breakfast Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1615.6
- Calories from Fat 773
- Total Fat 85.9 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 482.9 mg
- Sodium 3044.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 61.1 g