Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A soft flour tortilla, rolled and lightly grilled, filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, onions, peppers, and two cheeses.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb breakfast sausage or 1 lb chorizo sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 large flour tortillas
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry potatoes until almost cooked through, then add onions and peppers, continuing to cook until vegetables are tender. Drain, set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Scramble eggs, adding potatoes, vegetables, and sausage during the last few moments of cooking. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each tortilla with cheese and part of the egg mixture, roll into a burrito. Spray a hot grill (I use a family size George Foreman) with cooking spray. Grill for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot with homemade Pico De Gallo, salsa, sour cream, or perhaps Spanish rice and refried beans.
I have to tell youm Chef, that I think this is a brilliant idea. These are just the greatest in the morning. I freeze the filling individually, and in the morning I just pop the frozen filling into a tortilla, and then into the Foreman for about 8 min. These are so great to send off with DH in the morning. I am so amped to try other combinations of the grilled burrito. Thank you so much for posting!
This was a good recipe. My DH doesn't like sausage in his eggs so I just made them without it. We didn't end up grilling ours (we couldn't wait any longer!) Thanks for posting, I will make again!
Everyone enjoyed. Easy to make. I made 2 batches. I crushed up bacon instead of sausage and didn't have a grill, so put them in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. I have never made burritos before and they were very easy, tasty and filling.