Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My DS of 2 is a fussy eater ,so i came up with this recipe on the spur of the moment,and believe me,i did not hear no fuss....and I had a satisfied son after a long time...I have made this with 2 pieces for 1 person ,but alter as per wish...Cooking time does not include marination time.
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (personally lime has the extra kick) or 1 teaspoon lemon juice (personally lime has the extra kick)
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 2 -4 drops of mild Tabasco sauce
- Make incisions on the chicken Season with salt and pepper add the lime juice and leave to rest for a couple of minutes.
- mix the soya sauce,honey and tobasco sauce.
- place the chicken drumsticks in the sauce and mix well till coated and let marinate for half hour.
- coat the chicken with the breadcrumbs (Easy way to do this is put the breadcrumbs in a plastic bag and drop the chicken in and coat them without getting your fingers messy and the leftover breadcrumbs can be re-used with out it getting lumpy.) Place it on a greased tray and put it under the grill at first on medium setting to ensure the chicken is well done on the inside and turn it up to crisp the outside.
- this should take approximately 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken once while cooking.
One great easy dish.... I loved the blend of tobassco and honey...i added a lil cayenne and paprika powder to it though as i wanted something a lil more spicy...the breadcrumbs on the chicken didnt turn out very crisp thoug ( i guess it was the breadcrumbs i used) but otherwise it was defintly an "A1" recipe. Thanx a lot Umm Azhar