Recipe by lauralie41
Anchovy fillets or serrano ham can also be added to these crusty bread slices. Found on MyRecipes.com and originated from Sunset magazine.
Top Review by Nif
I really enjoyed this! I used ciabatta buns and made exactly as directed. I really liked the drizzle of olive oil and the coarse sea salt was a great finish. I didn't rub the garlic on the bread too much because I didn't want it to be too strong for the rest of my family. We had this with Recipe #219720. Made for Went to the Market. Thanks Lauralie41! :)
- 12 -16 slices ciabatta, any thick slices crusty, very coarse-textured bread
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (optional)
- 4 medium tomatoes, very ripe, juicy
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling on toast
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- On a grill, grill pan, or in a toaster, toast bread until golden brown.
- Rub peeled garlic cloves on toast if using. Cutting tomatoes in half crosswise, rub toast squeezing gently so toast is coated with juice, bits of tomato, and seeds.
- Drizzle toast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt to taste, serve immediately.