Use wild mushrooms if available, they give a more intense flavour to this dish. If you are a mushroom fan this is the dish for you.
- 1 loaf Italian bread, coarse country style
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms or 12 ounces wild mushrooms, sliced (or a mix shitake, oyster and cremi)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup arugula, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 can aluminum foil
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Roast Garlic Place garlic on tin foil.
- Sprinkle garlic heads with oil, close foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes Mushroom Salad Cut bread into 1/2" slices.
- Toast or grill.
- Squeeze garlic out of skins and mash.
- Spread the roasted garlic on the toasted bread.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on high.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden and tender.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- Take off heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Place the arugula on serving plates, top with the toast, scatter the mushrooms over top and sprinkle with remaining olive oil.
- Season to taste and serve warm.
- Cooking time includes roasting garlic--.
this is just so delicious! I omited the roasting of the garlic, I keep roasted garlic pate in my freezer, also I omitted the fresh parsley as I did not have any, I plan on growing my own soon and I do not want to purchase anymore, this salad dish has tons of flavor which is what my family loves, thanks for sharing BK!
This is wonderful! This has such great flavor with ingredients I really enjoy. Yummy! Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
I loved it! I made it as a salad and I enjoyed so much. Arugula and mushrooms are my favorites so its balsamic. I made it as it said but next time I'll cut the bread as croutons.. Thanks so much for sharing!