Recipe by Baby Kato
Use wild mushrooms if available, they give a more intense flavour to this dish. If you are a mushroom fan this is the dish for you.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is just so delicious! I omited the roasting of the garlic, I keep roasted garlic pate in my freezer, also I omitted the fresh parsley as I did not have any, I plan on growing my own soon and I do not want to purchase anymore, this salad dish has tons of flavor which is what my family loves, thanks for sharing BK!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, coarse country style
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms or 12 ounces wild mushrooms, sliced (or a mix shitake, oyster and cremi)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup arugula, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 can aluminum foil
- 2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast Garlic Place garlic on tin foil.
- Sprinkle garlic heads with oil, close foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes Mushroom Salad Cut bread into 1/2" slices.
- Toast or grill.
- Squeeze garlic out of skins and mash.
- Spread the roasted garlic on the toasted bread.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on high.
- Add mushrooms and saute until golden and tender.
- Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
- Take off heat and add balsamic vinegar.
- Place the arugula on serving plates, top with the toast, scatter the mushrooms over top and sprinkle with remaining olive oil.
- Season to taste and serve warm.
- Cooking time includes roasting garlic--.