Recipe by JackieOhNo!
A nice starter to your Italian-themed summer dinner.
Top Review by Boomette
I tried this recipe with prosciutto. We love prosciutto. But in this recipe, it was not a success. It was way too salty because it was baked. And also when we took a bite, all the remaining of the slice was following. It would be better to chop it a little bit. I'm sure with ham it's even better. I'll have to try. Thanks Jackie. Made for 123 hit wonders
- 6 slices Italian bread (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 large garlic clove, slightly crushed, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 slices prosciutto or 6 slices smoked ham
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/2-inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler.
- Arrange bread on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Toast 4-6 inches from heat, turning once, until light golden.
- Rub one side of bread with garlic, then drizzle with oil. Arrange prosciutto slices on brad, trimming as needed. Top with cheese.
- Broil or grill until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to serving platter and serve at once.