Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my version of TOH's Grilled Bratwurst Supper. We really enjoyed the wonderful taste of the veggies in this. Very easy to make and easy to clean up.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked bratwursts
- 6 -8 small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots, sliced in half
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- cooked rice (optional)
- Cut bratwurst links into thirds.
- Place the bratwurst, potatoes, carrots, onion, garlic and mushrooms in a heavy-duty foil bag (17 inches x 15 in.) or use heavy-duty foil, doubled.
- Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with the soup mix, soy sauce and pepper.
- Seal tightly and turn to coat.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat (375-400) for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is no longer pink, turning once.
- Served over rice.
Absolutely the best! I followed this exactly. Didn't change one thing. Threw this on the grill in the late afternoon, and by 1 hour later, had din/din on the table. Loved the use of mushrooms, potatoes, garlic and bratwurst! They should all be this lovely to devour! Made for ZWT 6 Zee Zesty! June 3rd 2010
DELICIOUS! Omitted mushrooms, since I don't like them. I do like veggies and think I will add more onion, garlic, and maybe a bell pepper too next time. Thought only 2 Tbsp of butter wouldn't be enough liquid/oil for the whole thing but didn't take into account the grease from the brats. I didn't find it too salty from the onion soup mix, but also didn't add any extra salt. Didn't use rice as it seemed like enough food for just my bf and I. I also followed a previous review and baked it in the over (400 for 40 min covered, then uncovered for 15 min) YUM!
Super Yummy!! I've made this twice now & will be making so many more times. The first time I had so many veggies, I ended up making 2 packets & cooked one in the oven (about 1 hour at 400 degrees, covered). The second time I just dumped everything in a 9X13 pan, mixed it up, covered it with foil & threw it on the grill. 40 minutes was perfect, after 20 minutes I rotated the pan & stirred it. I've put green, red & orange peppers, canned mushrooms, broccoli...it's so versatile, which makes it a perfect summer recipe!! Love it, thank you for sharing this recipe :)