Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I use this recipe when I throw a BIG boat party every year for about 50 people.
Make and share this Grilled Bratwurst recipe from Food.com.
- Put 2 beers in a pot.
- Throw in a chopped onion and the brats. If you need more liquid to cover the brats, add water.
- Bring the beer to a simmer (Don't let it boil - ever! When steam begins to rise from the top of the liquid, it's just right. Boiling will cause the brats to burst).
- Simmer the brats for 20 minutes.
- Throw out the beer/onion mixture.
- Place brats on the grill 7-9 inches above the coals.
- Use tongs to turn the brats often until golden brown on all sides, about 10-15 minutes if you have pre-simmered them.
- Cover grill between turns.
These were wonderful. We overcooked them a bit but the flavor was still out standing. Instead of pouring beer and the rest water we used chicken broth to replace the water. These were excellent I can't wait to eat the left overs for lunch!