Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The best way to do Brats!
Make and share this Grilled Brats recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large uncooked bratwursts
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 2 (680.38 g) can beer
- 6 brat buns
- Grill brats over hot coals browning on all sides.
- Remove from grill and place in large kettle or dutch oven,.
- Cover with beer, onions and pepper.
- Simmer at least 1 hour not over direct heat.
- The heat removes the alcohol from the beer.
- Brats may be simmered for several hours just add more beer if it gets too low.
- Serve hot on toasted buns, with the peppers and onion or the toppings of your choice.
These were very good; I loved the unique preparation method. This would be great to do for a crowd beacause the last hour of preparation is fuss-free.
I made this for supper - FANTASTIC!!! No more plain grilled brats for us!
Soo good that is all I can say!