Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Here's another found recipe that I haven't tried but sounds great and I want to save. I love a good skirt steak and add the bourbon and spices and how can you go wrong. I'll be making this soon to see if it's as good as it sounds. Would be good with baked beans. Finally made this and LOVED it. I made two small changes - added a teaspoon of liquid smoke to increase that smokey flavor and a teaspoon of fresh, grated garlic as we love it. It was so easy and sooooo good. Try this and I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Top Review by LizShort0314
Easy and amazing. If you like Bourbon Chicken at the mall, think about that sauce on steak and you got it. I made this tonight, reduced the sauce and poured it over steamed broccoli. AMAZING!
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 lbs skirt steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, Tabasco, mustard and cornstarch, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place steak in bowl, pour marinade over meat, cover and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove stak from marinate, place on grill.
- Cook, turning once, 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin slices, arrange on platter and serve.