Here's another found recipe that I haven't tried but sounds great and I want to save. I love a good skirt steak and add the bourbon and spices and how can you go wrong. I'll be making this soon to see if it's as good as it sounds. Would be good with baked beans. Finally made this and LOVED it. I made two small changes - added a teaspoon of liquid smoke to increase that smokey flavor and a teaspoon of fresh, grated garlic as we love it. It was so easy and sooooo good. Try this and I don't think you'll be disappointed.
- In bowl, combine bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire, Tabasco, mustard and cornstarch, stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place steak in bowl, pour marinade over meat, cover and marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove stak from marinate, place on grill.
- Cook, turning once, 3-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin slices, arrange on platter and serve.
Easy and amazing. If you like Bourbon Chicken at the mall, think about that sauce on steak and you got it. I made this tonight, reduced the sauce and poured it over steamed broccoli. AMAZING!
Great marinade to use for tougher meats. Our strip steak was so tender and full of flavor. I made as written although scaled the recipe back by 1/2. For us, this was too sweet, but that is a personal preference and easily fixed by cutting back on the brown sugar. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for the "All you can cook buffet special"!!
I've made this twice exactly as written, using cheap whiskey. WOW! It is the best I have ever tried. Really good on skirt or flank. This would probably be good on shoe leather. Thanks for posting.