Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 7 mins
- 59.14 ml pineapple juice
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml Bourbon
- 1.23 ml fresh cracked pepper
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g salmon fillet
- Combine juice, soy, brown sugar, bourbon, pepper, garlic powder and oil in a bowl.
- Remove all skin from the salmon.
- Place the salmon in a glass dish side by side. Pour some of the marinade over (reserve some for basting while grilling). Refrigerate for at least 1 hour a few hours will be even better.
- Drain and grill over med.-high about 5-7 minutes per side or until fish flakes-basting with the reserved marinade.
This melts in your mouth! I served this to my Book Club and they loved it! My only suggestion would be to "watch" the amount of marinade the recipe makes; I adjusted the recipe for 6 people and had a TON more marinade than I needed.
Have made this a few times now. Doesn't matter about the juice, use OJ if no pineapple. I added extra bourbon or JD. I also used sesame oil instead of veg. Grated ginger is great too. I also added cornstarch to reserve, heated and served it over top the salmon. You can do so much with this as a base. GREAT recipe!
Yummy and easy!