Plan ahead the pork needs to marinade for a minimum of 12 hours. Use this marinade for 2 pork tenderloins or 6-8 pork chops. You can reduce the bourbon to 1/3 cup but 1/2 cup is better!
- 8 pork chops (about 3/4-inch thick or thicker or use 2 tenderloins)
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce (use only low sodium)
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced gingerroot (or use 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder)
- In a bowl whisk together the marinade ingredients; place in a large zip-loc plastic bag.
- Add in the pork chops or 2 pork tenderloins; seal the bag.
- Turn to coat with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.
- Set grill to high heat (about 400°F).
- Remove the pork and discard the marinade.
- Place on grill.
- For pork chops cook for about 15 minutes on each side, depending on how thick your chops are.
- For pork tenderloins, cook for about 25 minutes turning occasionally or until the pork is cooked; tent with foil and let sit for about 10 minutes before slicing.