Recipe by Abby Girl
The bourbon/molasses in this recipes gives the pork tenderloin a nice smoky flavour. As with most of my recipes....it is fast, easy and tastes wonderful. Smoking with wooden chips is a nice addition.
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, all visible fat removed
Directions See How It's Made
- If using wooden chips, soak in water for at least 1 hour. Drain. Making a packet with tin foil, add the chips. Repeat for a second layer. Poke some holes into the packet. When placing the packet on the grill, place hole side up.
- Marinade: Combine bourbon, molasses, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic thyme and red pepper in a zip lock bag. Add pork and turn to coat both sides Cover and chill several hours or overnight, turning pork occasionally.
- Drain the pork, reserving the marinade. Place the pork on the grill and sear for 1 minute on each side. Cover grill and cook 15 to 18 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 150 to 155, turning pork every 5 minutes and brushing with reserved marinade the last 6 minutes of cooking time.
- Allow pork tenderloin to sit for 5 minutes before carving.