Recipe by CrimsonChef
This bourbon chicken is like a few others but I like to grill chicken thighs and baste with some sauce. I then cut and transfer to the sauce. It is very much what the Chinese vendors in the mall serve.
Top Review by chef 1005808
I loved this recipe! It is the closest to the bourbon chicken that you find at the mall and my family and friends love it too. The only change I made in the recipe was to marinate the chicken overnight and then grill it. It is wonderful.
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, grilled whole then cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Add chicken pieces to grill and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.