Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a good recipe for bourbon chicken and similar to my grilled bourbon chicken #1 recipe. While this recipe is done on the grill it could be adapted to bake in the oven.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Combine Bourbon, sugar, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and brush chicken with thin coating of glaze and place on grill.
- Grill until chicken is thoroughly cooked and no pink remains and continuing to baste with the glaze while grilling.