Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Another barbecue recipe!
Top Review by CookieMMM
I made an after-grilling glaze that went perfectly with it.
I doubled the bourbon and brown sugar, added some clover honey, then divided the mixture. I used just enough of the mixture to heavily coat the chicken breast tenders, and turned them every 10 minutes for about 45 minutes.
I sauteed some thick sliced, fresh portabello mushrooms in butter to about half well done, then added the rest of the mixture along with about about 1/3 cup of water plus some corn starch to thicken.
When the grilled chicken was done, I poured the bourbon-mushroom glaze over the top prior to serving.
This was so awesome!!!!
The reason I doubled the bourbon, sugar, and added honey was because the original mixture was too salty. The results were not an overpowering, but smooth and flavorful.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine olive oil and next 7 ingredients.
- Add chicken, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Place chicken on grill over medium heat. Grill uncovered for 15-20 minutes, turning once.