1/4 Photos of Grilled Bourbon Buffalo Chicken
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Wonderful plate full of fresh veggies and salad greens topped with deliciously seasoned and slightly spicy grilled chicken breast. Another supper that will keep Mama out of the kitchen! Revised from “Grill Power” by Holly Rudin-Braschi NOTE: PLAN AHEAD: Needs to marinate for 20 minutes to overnight!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce (like Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon or 1 tablespoon whiskey or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bell pepper, any color, diced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1Mix hot pepper sauce, bourbon (or whiskey or lemon juice) and salt in a 1-gallon zippered freezer bag and shake to mix it up. Rinse chicken if desired and pat completely dry with paper towels. Add chicken to bag and let rest in refrigerator for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- 2Preheat the grill to the highest setting.
- 3Remove chicken from marinade, spray each piece lightly with fat-free cooking spray, and place on grill. Grill chicken about 8 to 12 minutes turning chicken halfway through. (You can do this inside using an indoor grill- cooking for about 5 minutes and not turning as it is a two sided grill.).
- 4Arrange lettuce on plates and top with cucumbers, celery, bell pepper and carrot, leaving center free for chicken.
- 5To serve, allow chicken to rest 2 to 3 minutes after coming off of grill to allow juices to settle. Cut each piece across the grain into 1/2-inch wide strips then lay equal amounts in center of each salad.
- 6Sprinkle each salad with equal amounts of onions and croutons. Drizzle with your choice of salad dressing. We like Ranch but Blue Cheese is great as well.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Bourbon Buffalo Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 515.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: