Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I normally like to add more blue cheese, but my husband complains that they fall apart on the grill. Add additional sprinklings on top should you desire more of that blue-cheesy flavor. Can make the patties in the morning and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced very thin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, sliced tomatoes, sliced onion, lettuce
- In mixing bowl combine ground beef, garlic powder, salt, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, black pepper, dry mustard and blue cheese. Gently mix but thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Divide meat into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into a patty.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil. Place patties on grill grate.
- Cook burgers to desired degree of doneness, about 5 to 7 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove from grill and place on toasted steak bun. Top with your choice of toppings.
Holy Cow! (whoops - sorry to cows everywhere) but this is like a cow-tail that swats the flies till they come home to the barn. Seriously, the juiciest burger we have had in a long, long, time. Followed this exactly, and thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent topping that includes blue-cheese nuggets resting appropriately atop this delicious bite. I ate mine without a roll, heck, after this recipe who needs one? Just use your own paws, and shovel into your mouth, of course ~ graciously and politely. Great cipe' Gailanng. Great!
Wonderful flavor :) enjoyed by all!