Recipe by breezermom
A great twist on the grilled burger! A must for blue cheese lovers, and the sauteed mushrooms finish these off perfectly! I had these at a friend's cook-out, and I had to have the recipe. If you like your meat spicier, feel free to add more spice to the meat mixture.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delicious burgers! We are big, big fans of gorgonzola cheese and mushrooms so we were absolutely in heaven. The only change I made was to leave the mustard out of the filling. Definitely on my go-to burger list and I have all summer to enjoy them again and again. : )
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons creamed horseradish
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; mix well, and shape into 16 thin patties. It easier to form 8 equally portioned balls of meat, then halve it to form the patties.
- Combine cream cheese, blue cheese, onion, horseradish, and mustard in a small bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer until blended. Divide cheese mixture evenly among 8 patties; spread to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with the remaining patties, pressing edges to seal. Make sure to seal them well.
- Grill hamburgers over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees) 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Saute mushrooms in melted butter in a skillet until tender. Top burgers with sauteed mushrooms.