Recipe by Christmas Carol
Somewhere along the way, someone decided it was a good idea to cook lettuce on the grill. It's caught on--grilled salads are hotter than ever! This one's a classic with savory bacon, crisp romaine lettuce, and juicy grape tomatoes drizzled with creamy Ranch dressing. So, try something different next time you fire up that grill. You know you've been wanting to...
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 16 grape tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to high (400F to 450F/200C to 230C). Brush the cut sides of lettuce with mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill lettuce, cut side down, until just starting to wilt, about 2 minutes. Turn lettuce and grill 3 minutes more. Transfer lettuce to a cutting board. Cut off the core ends. Drizzle each lettuce half with dressing, and sprinkle with bacon crumbles and tomatoes. Serve immediately.