Recipe by Marie
Blackened sea bass done on the barbecue grill. It doesn't get any better than this! Catfish fillets can also be used.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless sea bass (4 to 6 oz ea)
- lemon, halves
- fresh dill sprig (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat barbecue grill.
- Combine all seasonings in small bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat and pour into pie plate.
- Dip sea bass into melted butter, evenly coating both sides.
- Sprinkle both sides of sea bass with seasoning mixture.
- Place on grill and cook covered for approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until it is blackened and flakes easily.
- Turn halfway through grilling time.
- Serve with lemon and garnish with dill sprigs.