Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Blackened sea bass done on the barbecue grill. It doesn't get any better than this! Catfish fillets can also be used.
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 skinless sea bass (4 to 6 oz ea)
- lemon, halves
- fresh dill sprig (to garnish)
- Preheat barbecue grill.
- Combine all seasonings in small bowl and mix well.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat and pour into pie plate.
- Dip sea bass into melted butter, evenly coating both sides.
- Sprinkle both sides of sea bass with seasoning mixture.
- Place on grill and cook covered for approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until it is blackened and flakes easily.
- Turn halfway through grilling time.
- Serve with lemon and garnish with dill sprigs.
This recipe is really good just as it is written. I went with 4 minutes per side. And it is great for fish tacos too. We did that with the leftovers on day 2. Five stars!
Delicious! The only thing I changed is olive oil for the butter. Simple, yet impressive.
I needed a sea bass recipe that was simple, barbecued and would go with mango salsa. This recipe was perfect!!! I would not change a thing! The mango salsa was a perfect compliment. This is so easy and so impressively yummy! Marie, thanks for posting!