A hearty fish and slaw sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets (perch, barramundi, sea bass, halibut or your choice)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 long French baguette
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 -4 teaspoons kosher salt (NOT table salt)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1Light a charcoal or gas grill. Place all the spices in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Divide baguette into four lengths approximately as long as the fillets and split each in half. Coat fish with melted butter by brushing it on.
- 3Place buttered fillets on a plate or platter. Also butter the split face of the baguette in the same manner; set aside.
- 4Sprinkle the spice mixture on all sides of fish, coating liberally. Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Grill fish for about three or four minutes on each side (using a thin spatula, flip fish and cook until opaque throughout), avoiding open flame. The end result will be dark, some of the herbs may even be a little burned and the fish should be just done. Remove fish from heat and allow to rest for a few minutes. Grill bread, buttered side only, until just golden.
- 5Cole Slaw: Combine all the vegetable ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and add to vegetables. Adjust seasoning and let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- 6Assemble: Place a liberal amount of coleslaw on one half of baguette, add a fillet, top with other half of baguette and hold everything together with a tooth pick.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Blackened Fish With Cole Slaw Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.8
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 2242.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 44.2 g